We are a litigious society – there are more and more lawsuits filed every year. In record numbers, people are awarded larger judgments than ever before.Are your insurance liability limits sufficient to protect your assets and future earnings in the event of a lawsuit? We highly recommend looking into a Personal Umbrella policy. This personal Umbrella policy is an extra layer of liability coverage above and beyond your automobile, homeowners, motorcycle or boat policy. Should you be liable for someone’s injuries or damages, and your primary policy’s limit runs out, an Personal Umbrella can offer additional protection, often a million dollars or more of protection depending upon what limits are right for you..
Florida state insurance Personal Lines Specialists can assist you in purchasing Personal Umbrella policy to properly cover you for the unexpected (and major) claim that could upend your life and significantly dent your asset and net worth. Specific considerations include, but aren’t limited to:
- Do you own an investment property that you rent?
- Do you own a second home?
- Do you own/rent any automobiles, aircraft, watercraft, all-terrain vehicles or motorcycles?
- Do you have any inexperienced drivers in your household?
- Do you have a pool; does it have a slide or diving board?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you volunteer on any non-profit, association or community condominium board?