Out of State Vehicle Registration

  • In the state of Florida, a motor vehicle or vessel is required by law to be registered within ten days of the owner either becoming employed, placing children in public school, or establishing residency. Transferring Your Out of State Vehicle Registration and title is required by law .You do not necessarily need a Florida Drivers License to register your car or vessel, an out-of-state license or a U.S. or foreign passport is acceptable.
  • If you own your car and have an out of state vehicle registration and title you need to come to our agency with the title the car for the VIN inspection (or the VIN verified by a notary or police officer. If your vehicle is not in state it still can be issued a florida plate if you are able to get a dealer on his letter head to verify the vehicle identification number.If your out of state title was issued in the last six months, you will need proof that you paid sales tax in your previous state or pay Florida sales tax.  The proof for the sales tax paid can be in the form of a bill of sale or registration documentation which shows you owned the car before. The insurance has to be a Florida policy, it is not enough that it is valid in Florida, your insurance card has to state “Florida Insurance Card”. If you need Florida insurance we will be happy to write it for you we have quality insurance company at a great price.
  • If you lease or finance a car, we need the details of your financing or leasing company in order to process your Out of State Vehicle Registration. You can come to our office with the information about the leasing/finance company (Name, Phone, Fax number for the title department, VIN number of car) . When you come to our office, we will process your paperwork and send a request to your leasing/financing company for the title.